Monday, May 16, 2011
19 Best Quotes: Let's Get Real Or Let's Not Play
If you haven't read the book "Let’s Get Real Or Let’s Not Play: Transforming the Buyer/Seller Relationship" by by Mahan Khalsa and Randy Illig, I recommend you get a copy today. Or, if you don't have the time to invest in reading it cover-to-cover, these 19 best quotes from the book should be of value:
1. Trust = Intent + Expertise
2. Intent counts more than technique (and technique is still important).
3. Sales is the process of helping clients succeed in a way they feel good about.
4. The degree of trust has hard economic consequences: as trust goes up, speed goes up and costs go down.
5. There is no one way to help customers succeed.
6. “Not a good fit” is a great conclusion, if arrived at early.
7. It’s not a problem or an opportunity until the client says it is.
8. If our intent is to help clients succeed, we have both the right and the obligation not to guess about the key elements of that success.
9. The greatest enemy of communication is the illusion of it. – Pierre Martineau
10. We are always listening. However, we are often listening to the voice inside our own head.
11. Evidence defines problems and measures success.
12. We wait to establish rapport before asking the hard question, yet asking the hard question can help us establish rapport.
13. Do not confuse organizational authority with buying authority.
14. For clients, how we sell is a free sample of how we solve.
15. If we don’t treat clients like prospective clients, they will become former clients.
16. Focus, execute, succeed, repeat.
17. One obvious key to always having a referral is to always engage in actively developing them.
18. It’s almost always possible to get a referral if you’re determined to do so.
19. The single largest determinant of profitability is account retention.